Developers create small, pluggable Holochain-based modules for use across various Neighbourhoods.
Neighbourhoods presents a pathway for developers to experiment with Holochain in a meaningful way. By building general-use tools and placing them in the low-code marketplace, you help spread patterns of distributed computing to early adopter communities of all sorts.
Is the Neighbourhoods framework for you?
- I want to experiment with leading edge, decentralized software without needing to start my own company or join someone else’s.
- I want the experience of building slim stacks rather than brittle, monolithic ones.
- I want to build tiny, super useful widgets that can be plugged into suites, bundled together by and for the communities that actually use them.
- I want to promote network cohesion over forking by participating in a framework that generates value when groups using modules of code bridge with other groups, creating meta-networks.
Using Neighborhoods Developers can…
- integrate components of the Rep DSL into Rust modules.
- incorporate and send out social data between neighbourhoods, provided there is sufficient will and trust between them.
- take advantage of Holochain's open source libraries
- contribute to the NH marketplace and earn credits for modules that get used by neighbourhoods.